The 10th Anniversary of the Official Site of Kwame Alexander

Ten years ago on this very day, a launch party was held. It would feature simple posts on this blog which would explain what we do here every day. But now this has become so much more than just a blog, it's become the home of an entire universe. I could to you as the boss of this wonder establishment and I am so happy to celebrating The 10th Anniversary of the Official Site of Kwame Alexander with you KlicKNettars, it started out with the name iAmKwame.com Studios in 2014, then we ushered in the KlicKNet Era, and now here we are ten years later. I'm still pushing to get my word and my content out there, you're still supporting what in social media platforms that I have a presence in.

Personally, I never thought I would get anywhere with this thing, I just kept writing and writing and writing about everyday life in the world, and writing about certain news stories no matter what the tone is, rather it's funny or pretty serious. Today we're going to look at some of the past stories that we covered and looked at how this blog has changed over the years while continuing to do what it does best. 

But first, let's take a look at the very first posts I did starting in this very week 10 years ago. Some of them had pictures that were removed by Blogger years ago, even I don't remember what they were.

Just before the night I graduated from Thomas Edison CTE High School, I posted my first video on this blog. It was a scene from Nickelodeon's Kenan & Kel when Kenan & Kel graduated from High School themselves, a true Nickelodeon fan would remember this episode, and sadly the video I put up 10 years is no longer available on this blog or on YouTube. However, there's a different video on the NickRewind YouTube channel.

On the day of the Blog Launch Party, I posted another video which to this day is still on the blog. It was the music video of "Mmm Mmm Yeah Yeah," performed by the incredible Austin Mahone and Pitbull, I've always wondered what happened to Austin after all these years.

Just because it's the Blog's 10th Anniversary, we're going to added the music video on here again. Kids of today will never understand what this song meant to those in 2014, well they'll know now. Hit It!

Austin Mahone - Mmm Yeah (Lyric Video) ft. Pitbull

From 2014 to 2019, we worked on a daily schedule and we came up with different names for each day of the week. To me, coming up with these names was pretty difficult, but I always push myself to being creative everyday of my life. Take a look down below and see the original schedule from 2014.

I never had enough Classwork from High School for show and tell every Monday, so I decided to change everything to ChoiceSports Monday, in which I talk about sports stories from the past week. And just a reminder, I'm going to do special daily posts of one week only. Initially, we were going to start doing them this Monday, June 24th, but little did I know that I might have something else to do. Aside from blogging and making video content, I've been working as crew member for different independent short film projects, and I'm supposed to be hired to be script supervisor for another project on June 27 and 28. Though I haven't heard from the director or any producer in a while, so I'm gonna play it safe and bring back the daily in the middle of July next month. If you want a quick reminder to what the schedule of this event looks like, scroll on down below.

ChoiceSports Monday: Where I gather all of the biggest games and sporting events
Trending Now Tuesday: Where I'll show What's Trending on the Site formerly known as Twitter 
Go Viral Wednesday: Where I decide which Photos and Videos to post
Top 10 Thursday: Where I give a top 10 countdown on news I just think is cool
FakeTV Friday: Where I post an episode or episodes of FakeTV Box from our YouTube channel

I can't wait to do all this again after so many years have passed, and check out these next batch of pictures featuring posts from ten years ago, and lemme just say that these images are brining back some great memories and they remind me how I started out as a writer.

The last picture hits hard because I never thought that after these past 10 years that fakeTV Fridays would evolve and become FakeTV Box, the flagship show on KlicKNet's YouTube channel. The show is what I've been trying to do on this blog, but I learned that I'm gonna have to get in front of the camera for 10-20 minutes and tell people how I feel about the news, and later on, we're going to discuss what we have on the KlicKNet channel this summer.

I never thought that after these past 10 years that we would make NickCam come to life in 10-minute short film which has been greatly viewed for over a year on YouTube. I want to make an announcement which has already been seen on social media, NickCam The Movie has received two official selection by The Flight Deck Film Festival and the 2024 New York Lift Off Festival. I have been submitting this film to four other Festivals and while they might have selected, I'm proud that NickCam two others have been kind enough to do so. But the goal is almost complete because I'm hoping that one more event, the New York Super Shorts Film Festival, will be willing to select the film, making it three-for-three this summer.

Now I wanna move on to a couple of stories we covered over the past ten years. Whenever there's a devastating event, I give a passionate monologue about how I feel about the event while also supporting those who have suffered because of it. From 2015 - 2018, I expressed my feelings for the Paris Terrorist Attacks, the Orlando Club shooting, the Las Vegas shooting that killed over 60 people, and the Parkland High School shooting. In one of the firsts video uploaded on the KlicKNet channel, we talked about the aftermath of each U.S. shooting by explaining how artists paid tribute to the victims through certain art work. 
If you've ever looked at the right-hand corner of the blog's website, you will see something called Popular Posts which displays the top three popular posts we've done, and here's what they look like down below.
You know starting in 2017, we started to refer to daily posts as Today's Updates, and here's the first one we did, as well as the last one which dates back to 2019, a year that will live rent free in all of us forever.
First Today's Updates

Last Today's Updates

On March 3rd, 2019, the blog would embark on doing posts once a week, rather it was Saturday or Sunday, I would rename to This Week's Updates until 2022, when the KlicKNet on YouTube channel began to pick some steam. This blog has always been a inspiration to making my own YouTube channel and every bit of content I've done as an young adult and now every weekend, KlicKNettars can check out the Wkly Hit List.

You know I completely forgot that the 5-Day Rounder was first call the 7-Day Postcast, and when that didn't work out it was called the 7-Day Round-Up. The changes to this blog over the past ten years have been incredible and I've learned to roll with the punches so to speak. I look to take the brand known as KlicKNet to new heights, as next years will be 10 years of us using the KlicKNet name, and wait til you hear what I've plan to do this summer. I wish to go to the Deadpool & Wolverine World Premiere on July 22nd, rather or not I have a tickets, and cover the entire event night. I'm looking at going LIVE on Instagram so that KlicKNettars as the cast and crew appear on the red carpet. 

I also want to do Livestreaming on YouTube again after the LIVE Season Finale of the Wkly Hit List program last year. If something BIG happens at San Diego Comic Con next month, I'll be there with a LIVE edition of FakeTV Box. I know for sure that we will be doing LIVE coverage the D23 Ultimate Event in August and details on that will be coming much, much later.

In closing, it's been great to celebrate The 10th Anniversary of this blog, to anyone and everyone who reads this I want to thank you so much for joining me on this decade long journey, I'm grateful to being bring my own ideas into the world every single day. And if you think the past ten years were good, then I promise you this, you haven't seen anything yet. Thank You, Goodbye for Now, and here's to ten more years!

Wkly Hit List Will Return

Comments