Wkly Hit List, 4/17/2022

It's been an eventful week here in New York City to say the least, and we'll get straight into it soon. One of these articles in this week's 7-Day Round-Up will be the main focus of what we have in stored in this post, so stay tuned for more.

7-Day Round-Up

Sunday

New York City Mayor Eric Adams  cancels public events after testing positive for COVID-19

KlicK

Monday

Sam Bailey & Angela Barnes tapped to direct the upcoming Marvel Studios series on Disney+, Ironheart

KlicK

Tuesday

Actor and comedian Gilbert Gottfried passed away at the age of 67 due to a long-term illness

KlicK

Wednesday

Frank James, the prime suspect in the Brooklyn Subway shooting was finally arrested by the NYPD

KlicK

Thursday

Disneyland Paris shares first look at the new Avengers Deployment Vehicle coming to the resort’s Avengers Campus

KlicK

Friday

NHL Hall of Famer and Famous New York Islanders player Mike Bossy passed away at age 65

KlicK

Saturday

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore earns $40-$45 Million at the box Office on Opening Weekend

KlicK

Yesterday, I saw Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and I could sit here all day talking about how awesome it was, but then I would end up giving away spoilers to those who haven't seen it. The last thing I want is for Knuckles to come and kill me if I do spoil the movie. Instead, I'll show a new look at Marvel Studios' latest masterpiece: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness in our Sneak Peek of the Week. Go behind the scenes of the movie with words from the cast and crew who worked hard to get this done in the midst of the COVID pandemic.

Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness | Enter the Multiverse

On April 12, a mass shooting occurred on a northbound N train on the New York City Subway in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Before he was identified as 62-year-old Frank James, the shooter put on a gas mask, threw two smoke grenades, and fired a handgun 33 times. It happened as the train was traveling between the stations on 59th Street and 36th Street. The amazing thing is, nobody died in the shooting, but 29 people were injured (10 by gunfire and 19 hurt in the melee). Most passengers gone off that train and disembarked at 36th Street station, and others fled onto an R train that traveled one additional stop to 25th Street. The day after the attack, James was arrested after a large manhunt and then charged for committing a terrorist act on a mass transit system, so people can relax as the Subway is safe and sound once again.

© NBC News

This brings us to the Inside Scoop this week, I want to explain where I was at the time of the shooting and how did it affect me. I had just arrived at Brooklyn College just a few minutes after 8AM, I was ready to spend the whole day learning as usual. I didn't know about the shooting at the time, my mom and sister texted me to see if I was alright and I texted back to them saying that I was. I still didn't know what was going on until I went on my morning break, I received a text from my sister about the shooting just after 11AM, so I immediately got on to Twitter and found out the news as it was coming in. I went back to class, we were all going through the flow of things, though we let it show that we were all saddened by the attack. Then, an alarm siren went off and we got all our things left the classroom, other students were seen filing out as well as the whole campus seemed to be in evacuation mode.

© CNN

We heard things that the subway shooter was still active, there was even a rumor that there maybe a second shooter and that got everyone's attention. So, the professor of my morning class decided to release us before our usual end time at 12:15PM and some of my classmates and I walked around to figure out our next move. We didn't know if the afternoon classes were gonna be canceled due to the subway shooting, but my classmates decided to go home early anyway. I soon learned that my class in the afternoon that meant to be in-person was moved to being online on Zoom. Once I got the message, I immediately made my way home and I made it in time for the Zoom meeting to begin. I must say, I've been in a situation where we had to evacuate from school due to a mass shooting, however I learned that it was simply a fire drill. But it isn't it a coincidence that the college would have a fire alarm just after a man shot 10 people on subway train? Either way, I'm glad that everyone's safe, they were able to get through this incident and the shooter is in police custody.

© CNN

CELEBRITY of the WEEK
Tyrese Maxey
Born: November 4, 2000
#1 Overall Pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
Currently a guard for the Philadelphia 76ers

That's your Celebrity of the Week, and this has been the Wkly Hit List.

Comments