This Week's Updates, 09/12/2021

This Week's UPDATES

I promise to get into all the details about the past couple of days for me last week, and here they are. It all started just after 3:30AM in the morning of Tuesday, August 31st, I was sound asleep, when I heard my sister screaming and crying that "he passed away, he's passed away." I knew right away what meant, it meant that my dad, a 90-year-old man with several illnesses this year, had died in the middle of the night. I got out of bed, opened my room door and hugged my sister tight, she was very devastated and so was I. I tired to go back to sleep, but I couldn't help but cry, the worst thing about it is that my family and I knew he wouldn't be around for long, but we couldn't it would be so soon. I for one was hoping he around for another year or two, maybe he would be around to 2023, in which I will have finished my last semester at Brooklyn College and I will have graduated with a bachelor's degree. But I like I said, we all stunned that he's gone so soon, and three days after the world celebrated the one-year anniversary of Chadwick Boseman's shocking death from cancer. From my understanding, my dad was battling cancer himself, and in his very last trip to the hospital he was dealing with pneumonia and blood failure. In mid August, he returned home from rehab but was only here for a week before before going back to the hospital and then dying just hours after being moved to The Bronx on August 30th. Hours after he died, I tried to keep it together while I was in online classes with students at Brooklyn College,  and in the first class I tired to tell everyone the bad news. But the professor could see that was heartbroken and I was not in the position to spit the words out in the middle of class, so he told me to wait until it was over and everyone had left zoom and we could talk in private. When I told the professor about my dad, all he could do was give me his sympathy and condolences, and he also said I should meet with grievance consoling at Brooklyn College with can help me tremendously. I told him thanks and then all of a sudden, I felt a little better that day, and I got through my classes on Zoom for the rest of the week. The professor I talked to was the only one at Brooklyn College I told about my dad's death, I realized I didn't need to tell everyone right away, one person is more than enough, though I will tell my classmates and other professors later on this semester now that my dad's funeral was last Friday. I had been dreading it for a whole week and once we got to the funereal home, I completely lost control of myself. It was the last time I would see my dad's body before they closed the casket, they dressed him really well in one of his suits and hat, and when I touched his hand it was really cold, I mean I know what a cold hand feels like when you alive, but the feeling was different this time. For when I touched my mom's hand, it was really warm, and so now I was more than certain that was my dad had left this plane of existence, I cried right beside my mom and sister as they closed the casket and we never he his face again, expect for in pictures around the house. The funeral could not have been any better, just one day after America celebrates the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, and people who were really close to my dad showed up and were just as heartbroken as my family and me, my dad was like a dad to everyone, he was a veteran who once fought in the Korean War in 1960 before returning to NY and become a MTA Subway conductor during the 1970s, he did everything in his power always be there for everyone, until he was on his last leg. To say I'm relive that he didn't like of anything COVID-related would be an understatement, but it is possible to lose something you love if not by the most deadliest virus the world has ever seen. After my dad was buried in the same cemetery his sister and other relatives were, he went back home and set up the backyard for the repass, it was one of the best gatherings we ever had and I think that if my dad was still here, he would have loved it too. My happy to say that my mood was gotten better since my dad was buried and I can accept the fact that there's nothing I can do for him but let him rest in peace, and I promise you dad that was I stay strong for you and move forward with my future, and I'm glad you in company with the likes of Chadwick, Kobe, Prince, John Lewis and MLK. Here are only a few pictures that I took from the funeral which readers can see in a very special Web Choice Gallery.

Words cannot describe this sad moment in my life.

Now, let's get with the latest 7-Day Round-Up and Max Sports rundown.

7-Day Round-Up

Sunday

Carlos Alcaraz from Spain became the youngest player to reach the quarter-finals of the US Open since 1963.

KlicK

Monday

Actor Michael K. Williams was found dead in a home in Brooklyn, New York at the age of 54.

KlicK

Tuesday

President Joe Biden warns about climate change after Hurricane Ida slams New Jersey and New York.

KlicK

Wednesday

One person has died from the 7.1 magnitude earthquake that hit southwest of Acapulco, Mexico.

KlicK

Thursday

  The First Official Trailer for The Matrix Resurrections, co-written and directed by Lana Wachowski, was released.

KlicK

Friday

An entire Missouri police department in the city of Kimberling resigns, including the police chief and his officers.

KlicK

Saturday

Emma Raducanu defeats Leylah Fernandez to win the 2021 US Open women’s singles. 

KlicK


MLB
Yesterday
Giants 15, Cubs 4
Rangers 8, Athletics 6
Blue Jays 11, Orioles 10 in 7 Innings
Phillies 6, Rockies 1
Brewers 3, Indians 0
Rays 7, Tigers 2
Pirates 10, Nationals 7
Angels 4, Astros 2
Red Sox 9, White Sox 8 in 10 Innings
Twins 9, Royals 2
Cardinals 6, Reds 4
Marlins 6, Braves 4
Blue Jays 11, Orioles 2 in 7 Innings
Yankees 8, Mets 7
Diamondbacks 7, Mariners 3
Dodgers 5, Padres 4
Today
Rays vs Tigers at 12:10PM
Rockies vs Phillies at 1:05PM
Blue Jays vs Orioles at 1:05PM
Nationals vs Pirates at 1:05PM
Brewers vs Indians at 1:10PM
Marlins vs Braves at 1:20PM
Angels vs Astros at 2:10PM
Red Sox vs White Sox at 2:10PM
Royals vs Twins at 2:10PM
Reds vs Cardinals at 2:15PM
Giants vs Cubs at 2:20PM
Rangers vs Athletics at 4:07PM
Diamondbacks vs Mariners at 4:10PM
Padres vs Dodgers at 4:10PM
Yankees vs Mets at 8PM on ESPN
Tomorrow
Twins vs Yankees at 2:05PM on ESPN+
Marlins vs Nationals at 7:05PM
Rays vs Blue Jays at 7:07PM
Cardinals vs Mets at 7:10PM
Astros vs Rangers at 8:05PM
Padres vs Giants at 9:45PM
Diamondbacks vs Dodgers at 10:10PM
Red Sox vs Mariners at 10:10PM

NFL
Week 1 Matchups
Last Thursday
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, Dallas Cowboys 29
Today
Philadelphia Eagles vs Atlanta Falcons at 1PM on FOX
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Buffalo Bills at 1PM on CBS
Minnesota Vikings vs Cincinnati Bengals at 1PM on FOX
San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions at 1PM on FOX
Arizona Cardinals vs Tennessee Titans at 1PM on CBS
Seattle Seahawks vs Indianapolis Colts at 1PM on FOX
LA Chargers vs Washington Football Team at 1PM on CBS
NY Jets vs Carolina Panthers at 1PM on CBS
Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans at 1PM on CBS
Cleveland Browns vs Kansas City Chiefs at 4:25PM on CBS
Miami Dolphins vs New England Patriots at 4:25PM on CBS
Green Bay Packers vs New Orleans Saints at 4:25PM on CBS
Denver Broncos vs NY Giants at 4:25PM on FOX
Chicago Bears vs LA Rams at 8:20PM on NBC
Tomorrow
Baltimore Ravens vs Las Vegas Raiders at 8:15PM on ESPN/ABC

AEW
AEW Rampage results
- Andrade defeated PAC
- Riho, Ruby Soho, and Kris Statlander defeated Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D, Jamie Hayter, and Rebel in a Trios match
- Brian Pillman, Jr. defeated Max Caster

WWE
Extreme Rules match card
- Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
- Damian Priest vs Sheamus for the WWE United States Championship
- Bobby Lashley vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
- Charlotte Flair vs Alexa Bliss for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
- Roman Reigns vs "The Demon" Finn Bálor for the WWE Universal Championship

CELEBRITY of the WEEK
Zelina Vega
Born: December 27, 1990
WWE Superstar on Friday Night SmackDown
Lost own father in the 9/11 Attacks 20 Years Ago

That's your Celebrity of the Week, Never Forget the Ones We Lose.

Comments