This Week's Updates, 3/8/2020

This Week's UPDATES

It's been a busy week for yours truly, I went back to LaGuardia CC to start my third semester in college, but I did not know what to expect. I knew what most of my classes would be like before I they even got started, but there was one class on Friday afternoons that was still a mystery, luckily the Professor explaining every very careful. Now, while I may not like doing so much work in all of my classes this spring, I'll do my best in order to get more credits. The way that this first week back to college ended will be something I'll be remember for years to come, and before I can get into that, I want to explain that there will be no 7-Round Round-Up this week. I normally create it using Microsoft Word, but apparently there' s been some sort of "application issue" with Word and it claims that Microsoft Office needs to update which could take who knows how long. So right now, we are going to jump straight into the next piece.

Our Main Story this week is regarding basketball and the fact the NBA Playoffs are about a month away. So far, three teams have clinched a spot in the playoffs which the: Milwaukee Bucks, Toronto Raptors, and Los Angeles Lakers who have clinch for the first time since 2013. One team that I want to talk in particular is my Brooklyn Nets who are having a roller coaster season so to speak trying to deal with the fact that their all-star players Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are no help to them right now. With both of them out due to injuries, the somewhat younger players who helped get them on board have been left alone with the tall take of getting back to the playoffs for a second year in a row. Last Friday, my sister got us tickets to see the Nets play against the San Antonio Spurs at Barclays Center and I was super excited from the gecko. It was the first time that I got on the Long Island Rail Road, traveled all the Barclays and step foot in that amazing arena to see my favorite NBA team in action. To get this out the way, the next time I'll going back to Barclays will be my LaGuardia graduation ceremony, but in the meantime I my focus was on the game and the experience. My sister and I got great seats so we could see almost everything, I went to the concessions and bought I grub tub which is a bowl connected on top of a novelty cup. The game itself was mostly the Nets dominating the Spurs and winning 139-120 in the end, I made sure to take a lot of pictures everywhere I went and I got a Dr. J bobble head toy inspired by Marvel. The funny thing is that I wanted to go to this a game as part of my birthday which was weeks ago and boy did my sister delivered the way she did, but now we come where things got absolutely shocking for the Brooklyn Nets yesterday morning. I was in the kitchen yesterday and I went to twitter to find that Nets and their head coach Kenny Atkinson have decided to mutually part ways, I thought it was some kind of a joke but it wasn't. I realized at that moment that Friday;s game was not only my first time at Barclays but also the last game for Kenny as their head coach. There have been a lot of speculations as to why this has happened, but we won't be getting into them right, instead I'll be whipping out the Web Choice photo album showcasing my experience at a Nets game in Brooklyn.


 A Night to Remember

Couldn't believe where I was, walking into Barclays Center was amazing.

This where my sister and me were seating.

Got a little close to the court and saw the players particle.

Got my bobble head, my grub tub and I'm all set for the game.

Made sure to take selfies of me in my Kyrie jersey that I got for Christmas.

Always wanted to take a of Nets making a shot and winning.

A great night in Brooklyn despite want whats to come the next morning.

Now, it's time for another Max Sports rundown with a special look at the NBA Playoff standings.

NBA
Last Night
Hornets 108, Rockets 99
Jazz 111, Pistons 105
Cavaliers 104, Nuggets 102
Grizzlies 118, Hawks 101
Warriors 118, 76ers 114
Kings 123, Trail Blazers 111
Today
Bulls vs Nets at 3PM
Pelicans vs Timberwolves at 3:30PM
Lakers vs Clippers at 3:30PM on ABC
Thunder vs Celtics at 6PM on NBATV
Bucks vs Suns at 6PM
Heat vs Wizards at 7PM
Pacers vs Mavericks at 7PM
Magic vs Rockets at 7PM
Spurs vs Cavaliers at 7:30PM
Pistons vs Knicks at 7:30PM
Raptors vs Kings at 9PM on NBATV
Tomorrow
Hornets vs Hawks at 7:30PM
Bucks vs Nuggets at 9PM on NBATV
Raptors vs Jazz at 9PM

NBA Playoff Standings
Eastern Conference
1. Bucks 53-10, Clinched Playoff Berth
2. Raptors 44-18, Clinched Playoff Berth
3. Celtics 42-20
4. Heat 40-23
5. Pacers 38-25
6. 76ers 38-25
7. Nets 28-34
8. Magic 28-35
Western Conference
1. Lakers 48-13, Clinched Playoff Berth
2. Clippers 43-19
3. Nuggets 42-21
4. Utah 41-22
5. Rockets 39-23
6. Thunder 39-24
7. Mavericks 39-25
8. Grizzlies 32-32

NHL
Yesterday
Hurricanes 3, Islanders 2 in Overtime
Capitals 5, Penguins 2
Predators 1, Stars 0
Kings 7, Wild 3
Lightning 5, Bruins 3
Panthers 4, Canadiens 1
Devils 6, Rangers 4
Flyers 3, Sabres 1
Senators 2, Sharks 1 in Overtime
Oilers 4, Blue Jackets 1
Today
Hurricanes vs Penguins at 1:30PM on ESPN+
Lightning vs Red Wings at 5PM
Golden Knights vs Flames at 7PM on ESPN+
Blues vs Blackhawks at 7:30PM on NBCSN
Wild vs Ducks at 9PM
Blue Jackets vs Canucks at 10PM
Avalanche vs Sharks at 10PM
Tomorrow
Capitals vs Sabres at 7PM on ESPN+
Coyotes vs Jets at 8PM
Panthers vs Blues at 8PM on ESPN+
Golden Knights vs Oilers at 9PM
Avalanche vs Kings at 10:30PM on ESPN+

XFL Week 5
Yesterday
Houston Roughnecks 32, Seattle Dragons 23
New York Guardians 30, Dallas Renegades 12
Today
St. Louis BattleHawks vs DC Defenders at 3PM on FS1
Tampa Bay Vipers vs Los Angeles Wildcats at 9PM on ESPN


CELEBRITY of the WEEK
Liu Yifei
Born: August 25, 1987
Chinese-American actress, singer, and model
Set to star in Disney's live-action remake of Mulan

That's your Celebrity of the Week, Stay healthy out there.

Comments