This Week's Updates, 2/2/2019

This Week's UPDATES

This week's Main Story turns the clock back one week ago today after it was past 2:30PM. I was sitting in the chair I'm sitting in right now. I was typing a project for school, when suddenly I heard my sister yelling from her bedroom calling me, now naturally I fought she was complaining about something I did to her, but what she said to me were words I never thought I'd hear in my life. She told me that Kobe Bryant, NBA Legend, 5 Time Champion, and Longtime Player of the Los Angeles Lakers, had died in a helicopter crash. At first I was thinking to myself like there's no way that could have, there's no way that Kobe Bryant is dead, the man was a father of four and he had spent three years in retirement after basketball. I turned on my phone, went to Twitter pulled up the news and saw with my own two eyes a report from TMZ that "Kobe Bryant Killed! Died in Helicopter Crash in Calabasas!" I told my mother who was in the kitchen and even she couldn't believe it, she then told to turn on the news, but there was nothing on there yet until a few minutes til 3PM. CNN was the first channel I tuned into to see what was happening, then I went to NBATV whose announcers were completely devastated, but not as devastated by the people of ESPN which at the time was broadcasting the 2020 Pro Bowl. For the next hour or so, I was looking at a lot of heartfelt tweets on my phone and listen to shocking reactions on the TV, then I saw with great horror that Kobe's 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant was in the helicopter with him along with seven other people including college baseball coach John Altobelli and wife and daughter, 13-year-old Payton Chester and her mother, basketball assistant coach Christina Mauser, and especially the pilot himself. Kobe was taking his daughter to her basketball game before the helicopter crashed, Kobe would talk about how after High School, GiGi was going to attend UConn and play for their Women's Team then go on to the WNBA, that would have been a wonderful sight to see and now none of us will ever experience. My heart completely sank when I that news hit me, and soon I didn't have it in me to finish writing my school project, though it wasn't just me who was emotionally shocked. Eight NBA Games were played last Sunday and none of which were cancelled, I saw the looks on the faces of many NBA players who were in tears, most of them looked up to Kobe Bryant in so many ways. When I watch the Brooklyn Nets against the New York Knicks, Madison Square Garden was lit up with purple and gold lights outside and inside, both teams take a 24 second game violation in honor of Kobe's Number 24 he wore on his Lakers jersey after switching to Number 8. I honestly didn't care who won or lost in that game, the only thing rolling through my mind was Kobe and I chose to stay off of Twitter for the rest of the night. Throughout the week, the whole wide world were mourning and remembering Kobe for the impact he had in sports, but there was one tribute that struck the most last week, and it was done well by the Brooklyn Nets. Two months ago, Kobe and his 13-year-old daughter went viral when they were sitting at court side during the Nets' game against the Atlanta Hawks, then last Wednesday  the team left those same court side seats open to honor their memory. I have one thing to say about the death of Kobe Bryant, it was something I did not expect anymore than anyone else, I hardly liked him and I rooted against him and the Lakers when they won back-to-back titles in 2009 and 2010. He played in many games against the Nets before he retired and his legacy could felt in all five boroughs of New York City, and I cannot help but feel for the City of Los Angeles who still grieve for his loss. Godspeed to Kobe and GiGi, may you always be in a Good Place and watch down on everyone who loves you now and forever, and with that all of that being said here is a special Web Choice Presentation.


Gigi & Kobe Bryant Mix - 2020 Basketball Tribute

Moving on with our 7-Day Round-Up, the news took us all on an emotional roller coaster last week and I found a lot of stuff that is sweeping the nation so to speak.

7-Day Round-Up
Sunday
WWE Hall of Famer Edge returned at the Royal Rumble after 9 years of retirement.
Monday
Two Republicans say Bolton report likely strengthens the Senate vote for witnesses.
Tuesday
Bucks set new franchise record of 88 points in the 1st half of any game this season.
Wednesday
Brie and Nikki Bella announced to People Magazine that they are both pregnant.
Thursday
Singer Hayley Williams releases music video for solo track called Leave It Alone.
Friday
Former congressman John Delaney drops out of the Democratic presidential race.
Saturday
Harley Bird announces she’s stepping down as voice of Peppa Pig after 13 years.

Finally it's the Max Sports Rundown on this Super Bowl Sunday and if the last three Sundays are any implication, I think that tonight it gonna be another shocker. I am mostly glad that the New England Patriots are now in this game and we'll have a new winner this year. I don't know who I'm picking to win Super Bowl LIV, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers who liked two really good teams who could really tear the house down. See what else on the card today in the NBA and NHL.

NFL
Super Bowl LIV
Tonight
San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs at 6:30PM on FOX

AEW
Revolution match card
- Chris Jericho vs Jon Moxely for the AEW World Championship

WWE
NXT Take Over: Portland match card
- Rhea Ripley vs Bianca Belair for the NXT Women's Championship
- Finn Bálor vs Johnny Gargano
- The Undisputed Era vs The BroserWeights for the NXT Tag Team Championship
- Adam Cole vs Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Championship
- Dakota Kai vs Tegan Nox in a Street Fight

NBA
Yesterday
Clippers 118, Timberwolves 106
Knicks 92, Pacers 85
Heat 102, Magic 99
Wizards 113, Nets 107
Warriors 131, Cavaliers 112
Mavericks 123, Hawks 
Celtics 116, 76ers 95
Spurs 114, Hornets 90
Lakers 129, Kings 113
Trail Blazers 124, Jazz 107
Today
Nuggets vs Pistons at 12:30PM
Pelicans vs Rockets at 2PM on ABC
Suns vs Bucks at 2PM
Bulls vs Raptors at 3PM
Tomorrow
Warriors vs Wizards at 7PM
Magic vs Hornets at 7PM
Knicks vs Cavaliers at 7PM
Mavericks vs Pacers at 7PM
Suns vs Nets at 7:30PM
Celtics vs Hawks at 7:30PM
Heat vs 76ers at 7:30PM on NBATV
Pistons vs Grizzlies at 8PM
Timberwolves vs Kings at 10PM
Spurs vs Clippers 10:30PM

NHL
Yesterday
Sabres 2, Blues Jackets 1 in Overtime
Canucks 4, Islanders 3 in Overtime
Canadiens 4, Panthers 0
Maple Leafs 2, Senators 1
Rangers 1, Red Wings 0
Stars 3, Devils 2 in Overtime
Flyers 6, Avalanche 3
Jets 5, Blues 2
Golden Knights 3, Predators 0
Bruins 6, Wild 1
Blackhawks 3, Coyotes 2
Oilers 8. Flames 3
Ducks 3, Kings 1
Lightning 3, Sharks 0
Today
Penguins vs Capitals at 12:30PM on NBC
Blue Jackets vs Canadiens at 2PM
Canucks vs Hurricanes at 2PM on ESPN+
Tomorrow
Panthers vs Maple Leafs at 7PM on ESPN+
Stars vs Rangers at 7PM on ESPN+
Flyers vs Red Wings at 7:30PM on NBCSN


CELEBRITIES of the WEEK
Kobe and Gigi Bryant
Father and Daughter of Baskeball
Passed away last week in a Helicopter Crash
Will never be forgotten from this World

Those are your Celebrities of the Week, A Pair of Angels.

Comments