WebChoice: Post-Election Coverage

WebChoice
Post-Election Coverage

Welcome to Post-Election Coverage, brought to you by WebChoice Wednesday & KlicK-Net.

Well, it's been a very long day for me, I woke at sometime around 5AM, went through my usual morning routine, went to the polling station with my dad and watch a couple of election reports on television. Then, went out back again to go see Marvel's Doctor Strange, great movie by the way, came back home knowing that I'm in for the biggest night of my life and America. Just to cleared, I voted for Hillary Clinton and every other straight Democrat on the ballot, but believe it or not, my vote was enough to defeat Republican nominee, now President-Elect Donald Trump. You will not believe how tired I am right now, what was supposed to be a big victory for the Clinton Campaign ended up to be a devilish nightmare for anyone that was against Trump. The Republican Party had lost all faith in Trump when the day started, but as soon as the night was over, they were now in control of everything: the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives. News channel finally called at 3AM Eastern Standard Time that Trump had won with 279 Electoral Votes over the 218 Votes that Hillary had. It;s hard for me to explain what's transpired last night and see it as a positive outcome, Fox News had the best coverage of the night and other like NBC, CNN, ABC and CBS weren't doing so well.
Almost All Red Everything

The GOP Controls Everything

When the clock stuck 11PM it was time for me to head over to Comedy Central for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and you could tell that Trevor Noah was not happy about how the election results were turning out so far. Even Stephen Colbert's "LIVE Election Night Democracy's Series Finale" special on Showtime had to report the sad news that Trump was heading in a landslide attempt to overthrow all the doubters and haters. The truth of matter was that this was about making history and electing a female as President for the very first time, but Noah and Colbert explained to their viewers history was going to change in a much more different way than expect. They have been making all kinds of jokes about Trump on late-night television, they truly believed that it couldn't happen and now it has, since the day he announce his presidential campaign last year on June 16, 2015, we thought this would be a big flop for Trump only to be proven wrong last night. So Noah and Colbert did their best in making their viewers laugh and look at the positive side of this election because you would at least try to go to bed with a smile on your face knowing that you made voice heard and vote count.
The Daily Show - Jordan Klepper Fingers the Pulse - 
Clinton and Trump Supporters Find Common Ground

Stephen Tries To Make Sense Of All This

Before I go, I'd like to express my feelings of this Election Season which was My First One Ever. When I registered to vote last year, I did not know what I was getting myself, but I knew that was my next step into adulthood. Now that I'm in my twenties, there will be a time for to forget I knew as a child, one day I'll be out in the world, doing my part for America in which I decide the outcome of future. Growing up these next couple of years means that I have plenty of more choices to, I have my whole life in front of me and my future, but this was not how I wanted to spend the next four years being led by a man with an unspeakable track record. But I urge anyone who voted yesterday not to let these final results get the best of you, the best thing to do is to accept the decision that has been given to you while you still can. Maybe when the year 2020 comes around, the Democrats will take back control and regain the power that was taken from American citizens. So far, nothing hasn't happen that can't be undone yet so be proud to be the American you choose to be, stop the fear and violence plaguing the country, and think about the future ahead as you try to understand what caused the country to be damaged and how we can fix it along the way.

CELEBRITY of the DAY
Born: October 26, 1947
First Lady of the United States (1993-2001)
New York Senator (2001-2009)
67th United States Secretary of State (2009-2013)
Ran for President in 2008 and 2016

This is my choice for the Celebrity of the Day, to show that we are still "Stronger Together."

Comments