Trending Topic Tuesday, 7/5/2016

#TrendingTopicTuesday


I hope everybody enjoyed the 4th of July, because look what's been trending since yesterday.

NBA Free Agency Season has been underway since last week, and so far things have been going great for some teams. The Brooklyn Nets signed Jeremy Lin and Tyler Johnson, the New York Knicks got Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings, the Chicago Bulls acquired Rajon Rando, and the San Antonio Spurs got Pau Gasol. But the biggest move of was Kevin Durant choosing to move from the Oklahoma City Thunder to the Bay Area with the Golden State Warriors. His announcement came around 12:00PM in the afternoon, I had just finished yesterday's post and I gotta say this seems like a foolish move by Durant. Now, Russell Westbrook is alone in the OKC and Durant choose to go to the team that beat him in the Western Conference Finals, but I'm not the only one reacted to this, take a look below:


ESPN@espn
BREAKING: He's off to the Bay.
Free agent Kevin Durant reveals on @PlayersTribune he's headed to the Warriors.
ESPN@espn
Rivals no more.
ESPN@espn
Details on Durant deal: 2 yrs with Warriors at $54.3 mill, with player option for Year 2. More from @ESPNSteinLine

Mr. Ai @8BitRoots
@espn what a sellout

MAC @marccastle99
@espn let's just give them THE RINGS NOW....#durant #warriors

Armani Worrell@MrWorrellPR
Wow just found out KD signed with the #Warriors via @espn ....This could be a monster team.

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey5
My next chapter http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-durant-nba-free-agency-announcement 

The Fourth of July is one my favorite holidays of the year because it has some much in common with Thanksgiving and Christmas. There's great food, big parades, ball games all day long, and most importantly fireworks, I had one of the best Fourth of July I could remember thanks to my new Samsung Galaxy On5 phone. During the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, I recorded it on my phone using Periscope, it was the first time I had ever used it and realize that could do a lot of things live stream videos online. My family was outside barbecuing hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken and when it was dark we watched the fireworks on television. Now I must ask, how did everyone else spend their holiday? They obliviously did the same things I did, but maybe with a twist, let's find out:


Nick Recuset@nickrecuset
#FourthofJuly was very relaxing, cheers to the next 240

Carleigh Walesh ‏@cwalesh30
So glad I decided to take of work today. #recuperating #FourthofJuly

Larry Anthony@larryanthoknee 
Here's a cool time lapse of some fireworks from yesterday!
#fourthofjuly #4thofjulyhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BHfCdIrjRdD/

Matt Emery ‏@MattEmery26
Got to listen to my grandpa rant about how Lyndon B. Johnson was a pussy yesterday #FourthofJuly

gaviotalove@gaviota626
#Fun #FourthofJuly #weekend ! #LACMA #urbanlights #museum
Caroline on Crack@Carolineoncrack 
Celebrate America with these: 3 Red, White, and Blue Drinks for the #FourthofJuly http://buff.ly/29IUEnt
Clarise Frechette@ClarisesPieces
The rain could not stop this. #FourthofJuly #grilling

CELEBRITY of the DAY
Lake Bell
Born: March 24, 1979
Starred in Mr. Peabody & Sherman and Million Dollar Arm
Set to star in The Secret Life of Pets

That's your Celebrity of the Day, A lot more Red, White and Blue on the Way.

Comments